Wednesday 20th of September 2017
 

Artificial Immunity and Features Reduction for effective Breast Cancer Diagnosis and Prognosis


Mafaz Mohsin Al-Anezi, Marwah Jasim Mohammed and Dhufr Sami Hammadi

The diagnosis and prognosis of breast cancer is an important, real-world medical problem. As an intrusion detection problem is one of the applications of artificial immune system, in this paper proposes a novel scheme that uses a robust immune system formed from clonal selection theory and principal component analysis for breast cancer diagnosis and Prognosis. Like the job done by Antigen Presenting Cells APCs in natural immune system, this work use PCA as an aided tool for immune cells in the selection for the most important features that can detect the cancer and forward them for the immune system in training phase which generates an artificial lymphocytes ALCs and save them as immune memory. It is important to note that the training phase was done on 20% of the dataset, whereas the testing phase was done on the remaining 80% of the data set which are considered as unknown cases for the ALCs. The study proved that the best results obtained when the PCA select minimum reasonable number of features, while in the training phase the diagnostic accuracy is 0.99 and the prognostic accuracy is 0.9, and the memories ALCs achieved in the testing phase a diagnostic accuracy 0.97 and prognostic accuracy 0.88.

Keywords: Artificial Immune System (AIS); Clonal Selection Algorithm (CLONALG); Principal Component Analysis (PCA); Wisconsin Diagnosis Breast Cancer (WDBC); Wisconsin Prognosis Breast Cancer (WPBC).

Download Full-Text


ABOUT THE AUTHORS

Mafaz Mohsin Al-Anezi
Mosul University

Marwah Jasim Mohammed
Mosul University

Dhufr Sami Hammadi
Mosul University


IJCSI Published Papers Indexed By:

 

 

 

 
About IJCSI

IJCSI is a refereed open access international journal for scientific papers dealing in all areas of computer science research...

Learn more »
Join Us
FAQs

Read the most frequently asked questions about IJCSI.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) »
Get in touch

Phone: +230 911 5482
Email: info@ijcsi.org

More contact details »